Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bridlington is so bracing!

Last weekend my sister, Mia, came up to visit. As always it was great to see her. Having visitors is a great excuse to get out and about and be a tourist in and around the area where you live! We went to Sewerby Hall in Bridlington. It’s a majestic old house, fantastically situated overlooking the East Coast cliffs and out to the North Sea. Better still, entrance to the house was free in November (there goes that favourite Yorkshire word again ‘free’!). They also have a mini zoo, so we excitedly rushed around looking at all the colourful birds, goats, rabbits, llamas, wallabys, monkeys, etc. There was one cage which supposedly had some sort of exotic striped mouse from South America. Despite thorough investigation of the cage, we decided that there was nothing in it apart from some twigs, leaves and straw, and that in fact it was a scam to make a disused cage appear more interesting, and that the exotic striped mice were probably still in South America! Of course, the penguins were our favourite! We could have just reached over the fence and picked one up. (Mia - how big is your bag???)

After visiting the house and zoo, we took a walk along the cliff and then down to the beach. There was lots of seaweed around the small rock pools, and Mia trampled through popping the seaweed pods like it was a giant bubblewrap. What fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Yes, it WAS fun! But my calves were seriously aching the next day from walking up and down the numerous stairs to the beach...

12:23 am  
Blogger Jenny said...

Mia! You're so unfit!! I wasn't aching at all and I walked up and down just as many steps. What are you spending all your time at the gym doing??

12:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home