Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

2006 – The Poem

I doubt I’ll win any accolades for my rhyme, but I hope you enjoy my efforts……


Christmas is coming and we’ll soon be getting fat
It’s time to send out cards, buy gifts to give and wrap

A year has past so quickly but can’t think where it’s gone
I’m not sure I’ve much to say – tell me, what’ve you done?

In January I visited Toni in hospital for a week
She took some time to heal but now she’s at her peak

In March my dad was 70 and had a party to celebrate
With friends, good food and lots to drink, the ‘do’ was really great

Then I got new wardrobes with big mirrors and lots of space
They hide my clothes and other stuff, everything in it’s place

In May mum broke her elbow, she did it in a fall
It’s all fixed now and luckily no sign of damage at all

I planted lots of veg in my garden, though it’s not really big
It turned into a jungle and was worth the effort to dig

Courgettes were in abundance, we had more than we would need
With beans, tomatoes and rocket and huge sunflowers for seed

I got a water butt and composter as ‘green’ is the way to go
Despite good efforts I think we’re more a ‘turquoise’, don’t you know!

July brought us a heatwave, the sky was sunny and blue
I’d sit on the beach and gaze at the sea, I love doing that – don’t you?

We went to see some racing pigs at a local family farm
We had such fun, it was a laugh, and the piglets came to no harm

August was our holiday time, and lots of fun was had
In Denmark where we had a great time, despite Mette being mad

I started writing a blog, for those on the internet
I try to keep it short and interesting, but it’s sometimes hard you can bet

We’ve had some friends to visit, so exploring we did go
To see lovely towns and villages that Yorkshire has to show

In September Lydia started her final year at school
She turned 16, is looking great and is definitely very cool

I’ve not done lots of things I should to make my house look great
Just some painting and new radiator valves, so the rest will have to wait

I love the long, hot days, but Summer passed too quick
Now Winter has arrived and we’re waiting for St. Nick

In November it was my birthday, and what a time I had
A weekend away in Whitby, thanks to Jacqui and dad

So 2006 will soon be over and a fresh new year’s on it’s way
I think there’ll be some changes, but what, I cannot say

Liddi will take her GCSEs and let’s hope she does really well
She’s a clever girl of whom I proud, I’m sure that you can tell

I want to wish you all the best for Christmas and New Year
Make sure you laugh and have lots of fun, and don’t shed any tear

I’ll be spending time with family, and having fun with friends also
If anything really great happens, read my blog and I’ll let you know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home