Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Jazz in the rain

Just spent the weekend at Burton Agnes Jazz Festival. James had been away with his kids in his parent's caravan last week, so he continued his holiday (minus kids) by bringing the caravan to Burton Agnes where we camped (or is that caravan'd?) from Friday to Sunday.

It seemed like the perfect way to spend a mid-summer weekend - relaxing and listening to cool jazz music. Unfortunately, this being England, we also had to suffer a bit of rain, and then a bit more rain, followed by a lot of rain! Such a shame really, as there would have a lot more people if we had been forecast (or surprised by) some sunshine.

The music was very good, and it was very well organised, and we didn't have to suffer the picnic in the rain, as we had our cosy caravan!

I didn't take any photos of us in the rain - sorry! However, we did escape for a while into Driffield on Saturday to watch the 'drive by' of vintage steam engines, tractors, etc, through the town. Fantastic! (and no rain!!). James explained lots of things about tractors. I can tell you a few facts - um, no. Can't remember any. Oh yes, they use them on farms!

Er....I have got a picture of a sheep from the Driffield show a couple of weeks ago - how about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home