Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Promotion

I've been at my company for nearly a year now, and am thoroughly enjoying it! Thank GOD I was made redundant from the last place!! Anyway, an announcement went out to everyone in the company earlier this week:
"Jenny Fothergill has been promoted to the role of Marketing Manager at Brandesburton where she is responsible for providing a high level marketing service to the business"

Ha Ha !! It must be because of my expertise and experience in Marketing....er no, or my vast knowledge of modular buildings...er no, well, maybe it's just that I've managed to bluff my way through for a full year! If I manage to keep going for much longer, I guess I actually WILL have some experience in real marketing!

The first thing that crossed my mind when I read this (ok, I had been given the nod it was going to happen, but not when the announcement was being sent out), was that those self-important bimbos who man the phones on reception (and who I can hear very clearly from my office), will no longer be able to say to callers who are asking for me "oh no, she's not a manager". The second thing I thought of, obviously, was am I going to get inflated pay for my inflated job? pay review due early July........

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

WOW! Good on you! That 'Bluffers Guide to Marketing' has really paid for itself, eh...?

5:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home