Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Friday, August 22, 2008

New windows

Ive finally managed to spend some money on my house and have proper workmen doing stuff and creating mess!

A while ago I decided to have my kitchen and bathroom window replaced with double glazed windows. And the back door. Well, perhaps if Im replacing that, then I can change it a bit? I came up with a great idea to brick up the back door and replace it with a window and then replace the Victorian sash window in the dining room with some French doors. I got some quotes. Blimey! I then used my contacts at work and got a bit more discount (ok, still expensive but thinking of it as an investment) and placed an order.

So, Tuesday morning the bricklayer was due at 9am and turned up at 8.10am (dont you just hate it when you are expecting to be let down and they turn up EARLY when you are not quite ready??!).

Bob (the builder....actual name Steve) quickly took out my back door and left a gaping hole in the wall. Not good as it was raining (what a surprise!). Then the other Bob arrived with his apprentice (get things from the van and sweep up). They got through it all fairly quickly and by the end of day 2 I had 3 new windows and a brand new set of French doors.

Im still awaiting the installation of my new front door (damaged frame - unable to install), but as for the back windows and new doors, I am pleased to report that it all looks absolutely GREAT!!

BEFORE.........
AND AFTER.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home