Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

How the other half live

At work on Friday, my boss mentioned that he was expecting a visitor to come and look at his horses. Let me explain - although the company business is to breed and sells pigs, my boss's 'hobby' and real love is his race horses! It's an expensive hobby, which can occasionally pay dividends. He half-owns a horse called 'Gentleman's Deal' which he bought for a bargain price (although still not in most people's price range!) due to having some leg problem, which then got nursed back to health and re-trained for racing, and this year has been winning just about anything it can. (My boss gets very excited about his horses and often calls me into his office to watch a horse race on the wide-screen TV in his room!) And of course, each time he wins the stud fees go up.....!

Anyway, the visitor arrived by helicopter - HOW COOL IS THAT? - and landed in the field outside my office window, much to the surprise of the sheep and new lambs in the next field (another of my boss's diversions!). We all gathered at the window watching the pilot expertly land the helicopter and all agreeing that we would love to have a go. When all the passengers had got out and gone to the stables, we did debate on the probability of them having left the keys in the ignition...?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Having seen Tudor's efforts at hovering a helicopter during his 2 lessons - narrowly missing turning the thing on its side - I somehow don't think it would be quite that easy to wing it!

1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home