Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!


Yesterday was my birthday. I got lots of great cards and presents and many thanks to everyone who remembered! I had family over in the evening, cooked a delicious meal (sorry if we were boring you, Barney!). During the day, mum and I had lunch at the Danish Church in Hull, at their Scandinavian Christmas market, which was great.

I remember watching a documentary a while ago about people who had reached the age of more than 100. It was a fascinating programme and they were extraordinary people. However, the general concensous of opinion was that by 100 things get difficult, and that 90 is a better age! So, taking this advice, I am aiming to live to the age of 90, and I guess that means I'm half-way there (well done for those of you who are quick with maths and have worked out my age!). That also means that I've got loads more years to do all the things I would still like to do. In fact, I could have my lifetime again!! Yippee. (and yes, my glass is half full!)

Back to the present.....and the presents! I got some really great presents. Although it's nice to get things you've asked for, I do love getting some surprises also. The biggest surprise was James turning up on Friday with flowers, wine, chocolates (cliche gifts maybe but always lovely to receive) and more. Thankyou James. The next surprise gift was from Barney, who excelled himself with his choice and spending ability. Thanks Barney. No surprise from Benji who has promised an exciting gift, but it is yet to appear! Mia can be forgiven also for the delay as she is away in Canada, so I hope it's worth the wait! Dad & Jacqui's financial contribution is always very welcome and I did get a beautiful orchid last week (which everyone tells me is so easy to look after - how daunting a prospect is that?). They did also treat us all to a lovely meal in a fun tapas bar last week, which was very generous. Mum got me the lovely red shopping trolley that I asked for (no - don't laugh, I will be setting a new trend for young people to use them, and it's so ecofriendly you know, daaahling!). Thanks, mum. Lots of interesting and fun things from Toni including a yummy chocolate cake, and Liddi was very thoughtful in her choice, as she knows me so well, and did also suprise me with a set of Russian dolls, which just has to be my favourite present! I just love it when you get to the really tiny one at the end! Thanks, Liddi!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if that was half way Jen then its going to be a busy birthday when you get to 90!

4:04 pm  
Blogger Mia said...

What did Barney get you?!

Glad it was a nice day, I hope my pressie arrives soon...

Mxxx

5:01 pm  
Blogger Mia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home