Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Government blunder....getting personal

We listen to the news and allegations where the government has made a blunder, and it's tempting to ignore it as yet more spin. However, the message always seems more important when it has a personal significance! Recently, CDs went missing from the Child Benefit Agency containing 25,000 people's personal date - name, address, NI no, bank details, childrens details, date of births, etc. It was a big news story. Scarry if this got into the wrong hands, as the threat of identify theft has serious consequences.

I listened to this news story with the usual 'tutting' of government incompetence. However, when I had my letter to say that my details were included in those lost, it made it all a little more worrying!! It makes my home shredder seem suddenly insignificant!


* some of the personal information has been covered up.....although I realise that sounds ridiculous considering the events above!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home