Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Sunday, June 01, 2008

I have a tree!


I like gardening. I'm not very good at it, but I'm learning and I love to watch gardening programmes. I have a small growing area of garden, and I like to grow vegetables and herbs and some flowers. Yesterday I was very excited - I bought a tree! Not only that, it was an Acer tree which is my favourite! The leaves have a pale green and pink tinge. I just went to look for beans and herbs, but I came home with a tree that was a bargain price (just under £20!).

On the subject of gardening, I was very sad to hear that Monty Don from Gardener's World had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and will be off our screens for a while. I like his relaxed and informative approach to gardening. He's only in his early 50's and looks like a healthy guy, but I guess we can never really tell who's at risk from health problems. I do hope Monty will recover back to full health and return to our TV screens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

WOW: an Acer of that size for that kind of money is a bargain indeed! I'm impressed!

5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home