Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Monday, October 06, 2008

Why aye man!



(Before)


Very well done to my sister Toni who completed the Great North Run (half marathon) on Sunday.

Leaving home around 6am on Sunday morning (don't even ask....) Mia and I drove Toni to Newcastle and dropped her off at Gateshead metro station to take the final journey to the starting line. (after - with medal!)


How she ever managed to (or why she agreed to) run over 13 miles is beyond me, but I must admit I am completely in awe of her task, including her 4 weekly visits to the gym for training. Despite the fact she thought she would brisk walk her way around, it seems like she made a whole host of new friends, and both they and the enthusiastic crowd along the way spurred her on to complete the course in around 3 hours!

Mia and I, on the other hand, had an energetic day of our own, shopping in Ikea, browsing around the Metro centre, stopping for coffee and cake, listening to Stephen Fry podgrams, and having a thoroughly lovely day.

Well done, Toni! same again next year??!












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home