Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sweet en-suite

The New Year is the time when I embark on seriously doing stuff to my house!

Over a year ago, I was inspired at the Grand Designs exhibition and realised it would be possible to put in a small en-suite in my bedroom. I selected a particularly smart, slimline handbasin and small toilet and a light-up mirror. The hardest part was getting my plumber (Brian) to commit to turn up and do the plumbing. And the building work, and plastering. He is a very handyman! The only problem with Brian...well, one of the problems with Brian is that he is a retained fireman and can be called out to an emergency at any time. So, its taken a while, and a leaky toilet (now replaced), but we are nearly there. I am having glass panels in the top to let in extra light, but I am so excited about my new en-suite! Especially when I wake up in the middle of the night needing to visit the toilet, and realise that I no longer have to trapse downstairs, to the end of the house, in the dark and cold. Photos so far.....


2 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

It looks fab, and now you've done the downstairs bathroom too - I only wish I was going to be able to see all the work you're doing before you rent it out!

2:22 am  
Anonymous plasterer sutton said...

plasterer sutton
Optimal Hosting we don’t think you and your business should compromise.
This is why we have created the unlimited optimal hosting solution.
No complex hosting plans that take away needed features and make you choose.

3:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home