Surrey Viking

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my opinions, my experiences. Not all of them. Obviously. Some things I don't want to share. For everything else, read my blog. Comments are definitely encouraged!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

A fishy hen party


Friday night I was invited to a hen party. One of the girls...sorry, women, at work is getting married soon, and said she didn't have many friends so thought it would be nice if some of the girls from work could go. How could I refuse? Admittedly, I was tempted by the venue - The Deep in Hull which is the world's only submarium. Bizarrely, tables had been set out, followed by a disco, surrounded by fish tanks, and more importantly the main shark tank!

I was a little apprehensive about how much fun we could have - everyone was rather odd (so I guess that includes me!). Therefore, the evening could only be better than expected and I ended up having great fun. The food was good. We had to wear dangly, flashing things on our heads and badges stating we were part of the hen party!! Each of us had forfiets, and I managed to swop mine (find the ugliest man in the room and snog him) for another that seemed more appealing (find 6 men at the bar to kiss). Sadly, I didn't manage to complete my task(I won't tell you how far I got), as the evening just seemed to run out of time, and I got far too distracted looking at the sharks and weird fish which were really mesmerising.

I charged up my camera especially, and then managed to leave it charging on my dining room table! I had my camera phone but we were not able to take flash photos (actually I don't know how to do that on my phone!), as it might scare the sharks!!! So, excuse the poor, grainy photos. However, I think they capture the atmosphere quite well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home